Katrina Kaif interview

Katrina Kaif interview during making of SINGH IS KINNG

Tell us about your role in the film?

I am the only person in the entire gang who is a non - Punjabi character in SINGH IS KINNG. Sonia, my character's name is unlike the other characters played by me till now...In fact she is very unlike me, she is very enthusiastic, spontaneous and an impulsive person. She doesn't think before she speaks, is it a right time, right situation. Doesn't matter to her... She is full of life. Sonia is equal to bountiful energy.


After WELCOME, how was it working with Aneez ji again?

I must say he is a commercially sound director. He knows it very well what the audience will like. I feel lucky to work with him again. It was wonderful.

Your chemistry with Akshay Kumar is being talked a lot about. You have given big hits together and being appreciated a lot. What is the reason behind this great chemistry?

Well I can say we both are very good actors (laughs)... We have had two huge hits behind us - NAMASTEY LONDON and WELCOME... so everyone has been offering some very good scripts. Basically we both have been very lucky to get opportunities where we can bring out our best. It is that we both were offered such roles that would be liked by the audience.

Y
our favorite song in SINGH IS KINNG?

I just love the romantic song 'Teri Ore' that was shot in Egypt.... I am wearing Saree in that song for the first time. Aneez ji was so happy to see me in sari. He is traditional by nature and feels that I look best in a sari.

How was the environment on the sets?

Oh! Yes couple of them...you know everyone on the sets had started interacting in Punjabi in between the shots. It was only Aneez ji and me who would not understand the language at all. And both of us would feel so out of their conversation. We would be sitting aside as loners, look at each other and say... 'Nice weather'... (Laughs).It was really funny.

Any incidents you remember?

During our long schedule of shooting Australia we all had put up in a residential building that is world's tallest building. We all decided to climb up the stairs, which would be a substitute to our workouts. I thought I will be able to do that. But then on the very first day I found it so exhausting and I decided not to continue with it. Akshay, Sonu and all actually did that...hats off to them.

You have been voted as the sexiest woman by Magazine. How do feel about it?

Oh! Please... That is not supposed to be taken seriously. You know they have used a wrong word. I don't consider myself as sexy. Basically, by saying sexy they meant nice, cute, glamorous... anyways these polls are very flattering.

When do we get to see you with Salman again?

We are working together in Subhash ji's film MAIN YUVRAJ... It should release by end of this year or next year.

In a recent interview Salman talked about his relationship with you. When will we get you to speak about it?

I'm not aware about it. And please I don't like to speak about my personal life.

People say that it is because of him that you have reached to such a level in Bollywood?

Well, I really don't care what people say. I know how much one has to put in as hard work in one film. Let them say what they feel. Honestly, God has given me so much, I feel so blessed. I have got so much that I feel very petty to even comment or clarify on such issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment